Sixth Grave on the Edge (Charley Davidson #6) by Darynda Jones

Sixth Grave on the Edge  - Darynda Jones

Synopsis:

Few things in life can come between a grim reaper and her coffee, but the sexy, sultry son of Satan is one of them. Now that Reyes Farrow has asked for her hand, Charley Davidson feels it’s time to learn more about his past, but Reyes is reluctant to open up. When the official FBI file of his childhood abduction lands in her lap, Charley decides to go behind her mysterious beau’s back and conduct her own investigation. Because what could go wrong?

Unfortunately, another case has fallen into her lap—one with dangerous implications. Some very insistent men want Charley to hunt down a witness who is scheduled to testify against their boss, a major player in the local crime syndicate. If Charley doesn’t come up with an address in 48 hours, the people closest to her will start to disappear.

Add to that a desperate man in search of the soul he lost in a card game, a dogged mother determined to find the ghost of her son, and a beautiful, young Deaf boy haunted by his new ability to see the departed as clearly as he sees the living, and Charley has her hands full. The fact that Reyes has caught on to her latest venture only adds fuel to the inferno that he is. Good thing for Charley she’s used to multi-tasking and always up for a challenge…especially when that challenge comes in the form of Reyes Farrow.

My thoughts:

This book seemed a bit darker to me than the previous book, sure we get still a lot of snarky humor from Charley and Co. but also a lot of sadness and cruelty to some have met in life that Charley encounter this book.

Charley herself seems also more emotional this book, a lot more stuff seems to be getting to her this book. I liked her a lot more this book and that is hard since I loved her in all the other books as well. Some more than others but in general I love Charley.

There is also a lot going on in this book again, Charley has some cases as a PI and helps out the APA and her friend form the FBI. On top of that she works with Garett to help her understand her true role as the Grim Reaper. As she learns that there is a lot more to her than she ever thought she get some more answers, but really for every semi answered she and we as the readers get , we get even more questions. There is still so much we don’t know and we get even more question on top of that.  That can be a little frustrating at times, least that was my thoughts on it.

Some of the stuff she is working on this book gets resolved but once case she helps her FBI agent is kind left open, I’m not sure if we get back to that in a later book or not and if so how it would tie in with the overall story. But color me curious. Oh yeah and let’s not forget on top of everything else has to do she now is a landlord. Funny but yet I feel bad for her in a way, like she has not enough going on already lol.

We also learn a pretty surprising truth to Angel, though to be honest I still have to see the reason behind that.

You can find my full review here

Source: http://snoopydoosbookreviews.com/sixth-grave-on-the-edge-charley-davidson-6-by-darynda-jones