Dissident (Bellator Saga, #1) by Cecilia London

Dissident (Bellator Saga, #1) - Cecilia London

Synopsis:

In a new America where almost no one can be trusted, Caroline lies unconscious in a government hospital as others decide her fate. She is a political dissident, wanted for questioning by a brutal regime that has come to power in a shockingly easy way. As she recovers from her injuries, all she has are her memories. And once she wakes up, they may not matter anymore.

Part One of a Six Part Series. Each part is a full length novel between 60,000-120,000 words and ends in a cliffhanger. For readers 18+. This saga contains adult situations, including non-gratuitous violence, explicit (consensual) sex, psychological and physical trauma, and an oftentimes dark and gritty plot (particularly in part two).

My thoughts:

To be honest I wasn’t sure if I would like this book, since I’m not a very big political person and the book has some major political themes, and both characters are in congress and so on but I really did enjoy it.

I’m not even sure how to describe the book. It is such a mix of themes that it is hard to describe. It is somewhat of a political dystopian romance thriller, would be my best way to describe it.

The book is told in two time lines, present and the past of the characters, but mainly their past at this point of the overall story.

You can find my full review here