Cut Here (The Cut Series #1) by Azzurra Nox

Cut Here - Azzurra Nox

Synopsis:

Sixteen-year-old Lena Martin’s idyllic world shatters the night her mother dies due to a hit and run accident. Two years later, her dad relocates her from Italy to Los Angeles to help her put behind the time spent in a psychiatric ward following her mother’s death. But the move only proves to be a fatal mistake. Shortly after her arrival, the classmates of her new private school begin to commit suicide under mysterious circumstances after reading a cult book called Cut Here.

Determined to unravel the mystery behind the suicides, she bands together with loner Jonathan Russe and outcast Hope Peters to figure out exactly what is happening, not realizing that this places them under a dangerous radar. During this same time, Lena falls for a mysterious and attractive guy named Michael, who is as equally disarming as he’s dangerous.

As her attraction grows, so does the body count at St. Lucy Academy. Soon, Lena needs to decide whether to stay away from the guy she’s falling for, or to trust him. Is Michael behind the suicides, or is he the key that can unlock the mystery that can stop the bloodshed? Deceptions run high and Lena soon learns that nothing is what it seems.

My thoughts:

When I read the synopsis of this book I thought it would be something I would like.

Sadly I didn’t enjoy the book as much as I hoped. The story and plotline were a great idea and I really enjoyed it but the characters and some other things I just didn’t enjoy as much.

For one I though the book was way too busy with characters, too many characters at one point that it often got confusing. Some of the characters were way to over the top with everything feelings and all and then there were some that just seemed very one dimensional. That could have been maybe a little more balanced.

You can find my full review here

Source: http://snoopydoosbookreviews.com/cut-here-the-cut-series-1-by-azzurra-nox