The Unforgiven: Athos by Michele Hauf

The Unforgiven: Athos (Entangled Select Historical) - Michele Hauf

The Unforgiven Athos

Musketeer Arnaud de Sillègue d’Athos is ready to bid adieu to the King's Guard and to lay down his sword. Yet he's been charged with one final mission—to apprehend a dangerous enemy of the king, the Belle Dame Sans Merci. Despite his desire to apprehend a woman who causes such destruction, Athos refuses...until he sees a sketch of her. It's the same villainess with whom he had been locked in a passionate, sensual moment.

Emmanuelle Vazet never gives up control, even if briefly, in the arms of a blue­eyed stranger, she felt the need to give in and let desire take over. But now circumstances have placed her at the scene of a murder. Her reputation—and the ridiculous name—has preceded her, even if she is innocent. Now her nameless lover is the enemy. A royalist. A musketeer who could be her undoing...unless she becomes his undoing first.

My thoughts:

I usually don’t read much historical romance books and requested this one by accident but I must say I really enjoyed this book.

I liked the setting of the book and the characters as well as the story itself.

I thought it was a fairly easy read and easy to understand and follow.

Both main characters were pretty strong and were easy to relate to, which is always a plus for me.

Overall I enjoyed this book more than I thought I would and recommend it to anyone who likes romance and historical romance novels.

I rate it at 4 ★

photo tumblr_nk4fh1GnZf1tm9itpo1_250_zps2fn7s8rn.gif

*I received a free ARC from the publisher in exchange for an honest review. Thank you!

Available NOW