The Unforgiven: Athos by Michele Hauf

The Unforgiven: Athos (Entangled Select Historical) - Michele Hauf

The Unforgiven Athos

Synopsis:

Musketeer Arnaud de Sillègue d’Athos is ready to bid adieu to the King's Guard and to lay down his sword. Yet he's been charged with one final mission—to apprehend a dangerous enemy of the king, the Belle Dame Sans Merci. Despite his desire to apprehend a woman who causes such destruction, Athos refuses...until he sees a sketch of her. It's the same villainess with whom he had been locked in a passionate, sensual moment.

Emmanuelle Vazet never gives up control, even if briefly, in the arms of a blue­eyed stranger, she felt the need to give in and let desire take over. But now circumstances have placed her at the scene of a murder. Her reputation—and the ridiculous name—has preceded her, even if she is innocent. Now her nameless lover is the enemy. A royalist. A musketeer who could be her undoing...unless she becomes his undoing first.

My thoughts:

I usually don’t read much historical romance books and requested this one by accident but I must say I really enjoyed this book.

I liked the setting of the book and the characters as well as the story itself.

I thought it was a fairly easy read and easy to understand and follow.

Both main characters were pretty strong and were easy to relate to, which is always a plus for me.

Overall I enjoyed this book more than I thought I would and recommend it to anyone who likes romance and historical romance novels.

I rate it at 4 ★

photo tumblr_nk4fh1GnZf1tm9itpo1_250_zps2fn7s8rn.gif

*I received a free ARC from the publisher in exchange for an honest review. Thank you!

goodreads-badge-add-plus-