Magic Breaks (Kate Daniels #7) by Ilona Andrews

Magic Breaks - Ilona Andrews

Synopsis:

No matter how much the paranormal politics of Atlanta change, one thing always remains the same: if there’s trouble, Kate Daniels will be in the middle of it…

As the mate of the Beast Lord, Curran, former mercenary Kate Daniels has more responsibilities than it seems possible to juggle. Not only is she still struggling to keep her investigative business afloat, she must now deal with the affairs of the pack, including preparing her people for attack from Roland, a cruel ancient being with god-like powers. Since Kate’s connection to Roland has come out into the open, no one is safe—especially those closest to Kate.

As Roland’s long shadow looms ever nearer, Kate is called to attend the Conclave, a gathering of the leaders from the various supernatural factions in Atlanta. When one of the Masters of the Dead is found murdered there, apparently at the hands of a shapeshifter, Kate is given only twenty-four hours to hunt down the killer. And this time, if she fails, she’ll find herself embroiled in a war which could destroy everything she holds dear…

My thoughts:

Oh man if I wouldn’t have known better, I would have thought this was the last book. But they tell you right in the beginning that it is not and it is a relief.

This book was another roller coaster of emotion and fear of losing great people. I was really nervous starting this book, because I wasn’t sure who would survive and who we would lose.

Well the time has come and Roland is coming to town. But Kate is nowhere ready to fight him and to make it worse the People are about to start a war with the pack. Kate must pull in all her resources to prevent this war, of course some of the clans still can’t wait for something to happen so that they can remove Kate as the Consort, which makes it even harder for her to plan. On top of that, Curran had to leave the Keep to take care of something else and is MIA for quite a while.

You can find my full review here

Source: http://snoopydoosbookreviews.com/magic-breaks-kate-daniels-7-by-ilona-andrews