Twisted Dreams (The Dhampyre Chronicles #1) by Marissa Farrar

Twisted Dreams - Marissa Farrar

Synopsis:

Born of a vampire father to a human mother, Elizabeth Bandores’ life was never going to be normal, so she can’t image why she thinks starting college will be any different.

Having grown up in the affluent Hollywood Hills of Los Angeles and desperate to escape, she decides on the small college town of Sage Springs. With dreams of being a writer, she joins the college newspaper and is introduced to blond, confident Flynn Matthews, Sage Springs’ rising swim star.

But a carnival has set up in the small town, and the boy running the Waltzer catches her eye. Dark-haired, leather-jacketed Riley is rude, with an air of danger. Elizabeth can’t help but notice him. And when an accident thrusts them together, she discovers he’s noticed her, too.

Sage Springs isn’t the quiet little town Elizabeth had hoped for. The forests bordering the town harbour a dark secret—one some of the residents have been trying to protect, and the leaders of the carnival have set in their sights…

My thoughts:

I read the synopsis on Netgalley and thought it sounded pretty interesting and promising and was excited when I got approved for this book.

You can find my full review here

Source: http://snoopydoosbookreviews.com/twisted-dreams-dhampyre-chronicles-1-marissa-farrar