Blog Tour Stop for Fractured Lines by Jen McLaughlin with Excerpt and Giveaway

FL_BlogTour

Today's tour stop is all about Fractured Lines by Jen McLaughlin. This is an adult, standalone novel that is part of the Out of Line series. Be sure to check out the links and excerpt below and the giveaway for some hand-made items by Jen!

FL Amazon

FL_OutNow

BOOK BLURB:

The lines we once crossed so easily have widened and torn us apart… Once upon a time I thought Finn and I would live happily ever after, but real life doesn't always have a happy ending. He's testing my trust, and I'm losing faith in the man I thought I'd spend the rest of my life with, and there’s nothing I can do to stop it. He’s the one I trusted to keep me safe, but now he’s the source of my greatest pain… Forgiveness is fragile, and some fractures never fully heal... One mistake—a slip in a moment of weakness—might cost me everything I've worked so hard for. The thing about trust is that it's a lot easier to lose than it is to build. Just as I'm about to give up and surrender to the demons from my past, an unexpected threat reminds me what I'm best at: protecting the woman I love. Whether or not she wants me, I will fight for Carrie and our daughter, and I will keep them safe—no matter the cost. Even if I have to put my life and my heart on the line.

Excerpt

I clasped the top of the couch tighter, closing my eyes. Finn was driving me crazy. Crazier than he ever had before, and that was saying a lot. He always drove me insane with want. Always made me crazy for him with nothing more than a look and a cocky smile. But this...

This was the stuff romance writers wrote about.

Only it was real.

After he pulled my pants down, he sank to his knees behind me, his hands on my bare hips. I bit down on my lip, dying to see what he did next. This escape, this release, was what we’d both needed. Yes, he had unresolved issues. And yes, we needed to work on them. But we also needed this. Needed to reconnect.

“Ginger...” He smoothed his hand over my butt, his touch tender and light. “You have no idea how hot you look right now. The things you do to me...”

I swallowed hard, my mind turning back on after the haze of desire he’d awoken with his naughty reading. He was my number-one priority right now, and this probably wasn’t the best thing for him. “Are you sure you are okay to do this? Maybe we should just talk.”

“No.” He smacked me lightly; the sound a heck of a lot louder than it should have been since he barely touched me. “I napped like you asked me to, and I told you all my feelings all fucking day long. Now it’s time for my reward. It’s time for me to have you.”

I closed my eyes. “Finn, I—”

“Excuse me?” His hand stilled, a mere inch or so from where I needed him to be. “What did you just call me?”

My stomach twisted and turned into a million knots. The alpha dominance in his voice came straight out of the book, only hotter because it was Finn. “Sir.”

“Better.” He chuckled, the tone raspy and sexy. “Much better.”

He slipped his hand between my thighs, rubbing up against my clit with his knuckles. It was a barely there touch, but the way he did it was freaking hot. “Oh my God.”

“Uh-uh.” He slid his hand between my thighs and separated my legs again. “I didn’t say to do that. Don’t fucking move unless I tell you to.”

goodreads-badge-add-plus-

PURCHASE LINKS:

amazonBig KoboButton

About Jen

JenM

Jen McLaughlin is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of sexy New Adult books. Under her pen name Diane Alberts, she is a multi-published, bestselling author of Contemporary Romance with Entangled Publishing. Her first release as Jen McLaughlin, Out of Line, released September 6 2013, and hit the New York Times, USA Today and Wall Street Journal lists. She was mentioned in Forbes alongside E. L. James as one of the breakout independent authors to dominate the bestselling lists. She is represented by Louise Fury at The Bent Agency. Though she lives in the mountains, she really wishes she was surrounded by a hot, sunny beach with crystal-clear water. Though she lives in the mountains, she really wishes she was surrounded by a hot, sunny beach with crystal-clear water. She lives in Northeast Pennsylvania with her four kids, a husband, a schnauzer mutt, and a cat. Her goal is to write so many well-crafted romance books that even a non-romance reader will know her name.

Social Links: